Additional Return for Ordnance Stores for the Use of Capt. Thos. Biddle’s Compy Corps of Artillery, June 24, 1814
MetadataShow full item record
A return for ordnance stores for Captain Thos. Biddle’s company corps of artillery. The document is dated June 24, 1814 at the Artillery Encampment, Buffalo, and is signed by James Hall, Lieut. & Conductor of Ord., and J. Hindman, Major Coms. Arty. Some of the supplies listed include 1 quadrant, 2 sheepskins, 2 powder measures, 2 shell hooks, 1 caliber compass, 1 pr. Gongs for hot shott, 12 drivers whips, 6 lb. tallow, 10 4 lb. rockets, and ½ foot quick match. These supplies were likely used in the defense of Fort Erie in August 1814, when the fort was attacked by the British following the Battle at Lundy's Lane on July 25, 1814.